Shoulder Pain Treatment with our Garden City and Troy Veterinarian
Shoulder pain can develop for a number of reasons, and it may be chronic or the result of an acute injury. Regardless of the cause, however, it can have a debilitating effect, leading you to change your daily routines and possibly even making working difficult. Fortunately, our chiropractor can diagnose and treat shoulder pain in all its forms, and we’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan designed to precisely match your needs.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
The patients we see in both our Garden City MI and Troy MI locations come to us with shoulder pain due to a wide range of conditions. Some of the more common issues we see are:
- Dislocated Shoulder – whether partial or complete, shoulder dislocations involve the head of the humerus shifting out of position, either due to overuse or as the result of a traumatic injury. Treatment for this type of injury must involve restoring proper alignment of the joint as well as addressing the damage to the surrounding soft tissues.
- Shoulder Bursae – this is most often an overuse injury, although it can occur even in the absence of an obvious direct cause. It results in pain due to the inflammation of the bursae, or small sacs of fluid that provide cushioning and facilitate smooth movement within the shoulder joint. Our treatments for this condition will focus on relieving extra pressure on the joint by ensuring proper alignment of associated structures, while also addressing possible mechanical causes of your pain.
- Frozen Shoulder – patients with frozen shoulder typically experience pain and stiffness in the joint that increases over time. While this condition often resolves on its own in one to three years, our treatments are directed at maintaining as much mobility as possible through stretches, the range of motion exercises, and soft tissue therapies.
- Rotator Cuff Injury – your rotator cuff is really a collection of muscles and tendons that provide support and facilitate movement of your shoulder joint. Injuries to this can be caused by acute trauma or by overuse, and treatment focuses on strengthening and stretching, as well as ensuring the surrounding structures are properly aligned.
- Strains and Sprains – although they affect different types of soft tissues, sprains and strains require similar treatment approaches. A sprain occurs when a ligament in your shoulder is stretched or torn, while strains involve similar injuries to muscles and tendons. For both of these injuries, we concentrate our efforts on reducing inflammation and supporting the joint properly so that the damaged tissue can heal.
- Tendinitis – often referred to as swimmer’s shoulder or pitcher’s shoulder, shoulder tendinitis is the result of inflammation of the tendons within the joint. This is occasionally due to traumatic injury, but more often it’s caused by repetitive motion over time. We treat this type of injury through a combination of soft tissue therapies and strengthening exercises to improve mobility and facilitate healing.
Professional Chiropractic Treatment in the Greater Detroit Area
Our chiropractor provides comprehensive treatment to patients across the greater Detroit area, and we’ll take the time to understand the details of your condition so that we can develop the most effective approach to relieving your symptoms and speeding your recovery.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, you can call our office in Troy MI at (248) 435-0925 or our office in Garden City MI at (734) 525-8422.